|Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Here is my adaptation of Danielle's recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter, palm shortening can be used
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 eggs, suggested room temp but I used mine right out of the refrigerator
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 Tbs + 2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
1) Preheat oven 350 degrees
3) Scrape the sides of the canister down once or twice.
4) Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips and pulse for 30 seconds or so, until all ingredients are incorporated.
5) Turn out into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
6) Divide into 2 portions and form each portion into a log.
7) Slice and flatten cookies.
8) Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 9 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 9 minutes for softer cookies and 10 minutes for firmer cookies.
You can also place the parchment wrapped log in the refrigerator for use within the next few days or place in the freezer for use in the more distant future. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
These cookies do not raise and spread out like glutenous chocolate chip cookies so be sure to flatten them and don't be afraid to place them closer together on the cookie sheet. This means more cookies on the cookies sheet and less time in the kitchen.
These have gotten two thumbs up from everyone at my office and close enough to satisfy your desire for treats.
Real food satisfies your nutritional needs so you are less likely to overeat.