Monday, May 7, 2012

Coconut milk Chocolate Ice Cream or Mousse

I was sharing my chocolate ice cream recipe with a friend today and promised I would post it very soon. So this post is for you, Vicki!

I made this last week at a healing retreat. It is my job to see that those attending is well fed. Everyone gave it a thumbs up. I had doubled the recipe before I realized it was too much for the ice cream maker. So I put the extra in the fridge while the ice cream freezer was being cranked. Once we ate all the ice cream, we just dug in to the mixture in the fridge. "Can I lick your dish clean for you?" Did I say that out loud? YES it's that good!! Mousse or Ice Cream, YUMMO!!

Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream
Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream


  • 2 cans coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup agave or pure maple syrup or coconut nectar
  • 1 cup cocoa
  • pinch sea salt
  • 1 Tbs vanilla
  1. Heat the coconut milk and agave in medium pan until it boils.
  2. Reduce heat and simmer for a couple minutes then remove from heat.
  3. Stir in cocoa until fully incorporated
  4. Cool mixture to room temperature, about 1 hour.
  5. Mix in salt and vanilla.
  6. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for you machine.
  7. Serve.
Chocolate Mousse variation

Coconut milk Chocolate Mousse
Follow instructions to #6, then instead of putting mixture into an ice cream maker, put it into a covered dish in the refrigerator until fully chilled. Serve in a beautiful stemmed dish.


It is THAT good! Frozen or chilled it is a delicious nutritious satisfying decadent dessert. Don't be surprised if you see your guests licking the dish clean.
I served this ice cream over chocolate chip brownies.
ENJOY!
Thanks mamaseacat for inspiring this recipe!

No comments:

lindac1958

Follow Me on Pinterest